All clients with River City Midwifery experience comprehensive, individualized prenatal care. With an emphasis on prevention, our goal is to work with you to keep your pregnancy low risk. Prenatal care includes:
- one to two hour initial appointment with medical, pregnancy, diet, lifestyle and history review.
- one hour prenatal appointments with one of the midwives every 4 weeks until 28 weeks and then more frequently until your birth. Usually this adds up to 10-15 hours with us before labor!
- lab tests in-office (no need to go anywhere else!)
- extensive and ongoing true informed consent regarding tests, procedures and any interventions. We believe that the cornerstone of respectful, evidence informed care is true informed consent, and respect for your decisions.
- 24 hour on-call midwife availability throughout your pregnancy for labor and any other urgent concerns. If you are bleeding and it is 2am, you will know the voice at the other end of the phone.
- client portal that provides access to all of your medical records
- online messaging system providing access to your midwives for any non-urgent needs between appointments.
- at least one prenatal appointment available in your home for clients within 30 minutes of the birth center.
- access to our lending library and other resources