Giving birth at home.
Most of the time, giving birth at home is simple. Simple, powerful and safe.
Some call birth "an everyday miracle", and that is even more true at home. We come, we bring a lot of equipment we rarely use. Mostly, we use our ears, our eyes and our hands. We carefully and quietly monitor the unfolding of the birth process. We help if needed, support and encourage, we hold space and wait.
After the birth, we allow families the time to breathe and marvel. We monitor the transition of baby and parents. Then, when all is well, when everyone has had some food, used the bathroom and nursed, we tuck the new family in their own beds, pack up our things and go home.
At home, our clients can expect
- two midwives at the birth, providing continuous midwifery support
- the same thorough setup for emergencies that we have in the brith center
- comfortable blow up birth pool
- labor ball
- newborn exam
- midwifery support in the hours following the birth
- herbal bath
- three home visits for mom and baby the first week after birth
“Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers – strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.”
Barbara Katz Rothman